CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 24 October 2010

Happy Bird-Day!



I'm really into circle or scallopped circle cards at the moment....I made this one a few weeks ago for Melissa's birthday which happens to be today! :)

Sitting here very sorry for myself as I've picked up his man-flu and I feel pretty grotty today, whole body just aches and I don't know what to do with myself as I'm not the sort of person who can sit around doing nothing but physically at the moment I just can't imagine moving other sitting here huddled under the duvet!

Anyway the scalloped card is made usung the Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Scallop Circle Album die. I got the die at a cheap price and was very excited when I realised that the scallop is larger than a regular nestie scalloped circle, it also comes with the smaller circle which I used on the background paper.

The owl is a Penny Black stamp (which is a favouite of mine) she is coloured in with copic markers and I used a white pen to highlight.

I thought the inside looked a little plain so I cut out a swirl and attached it to the piece of card which is holding the scallopes together and I just couldn't resist using the embossed butterflies over the swirl, thought they looked effective!

Right I'm back off to do nothing but huddle under the duvet with my cat and try to shake off this flu that I've got... thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fab is this :)

Kerryn said...

oooo wow i adore this!!! Love the scallops, the image and the inside too! Gorjuss!!!!

Sarn said...

What a GREAT card Kerrie. We leave off decorating the INSIDE of cards far too often. I'm terribly guilty of this . . . but you've done a FAB job!